Does your Local have a Women's Committee?
Greetings CEP sisters,
I hope all of you enjoyed the holiday season, and are ready to make this year one of the best yet for CEP women. One of the activities your national women's committee has decided to pursue this term is the improvement of the committee's page on the CEP national website.
As part of this endeavor, Emily Watkins and I have been trying to make our web page more accessible to you, and also more interactive. To this end, we have decided to pose a few questions to you, our CEP sisters, and post your responses on our web page. In this email you will find both a French and English version of the biography questions, which we hope you'll answer and return to me, along with a small picture of yourself to be posted on the site! We'll feature different women from across the country, changing the profiled person every few weeks, and this way you'll come to know the faces and personal stories of some of our sisters. Our purpose is to engage all of you in meaningful exchange about our lives as women workers in the CEP, and connect us all in a fun and interesting way.
We hope you'll all take part, and make the Women's Committee page one of the most visited and most talked about on the website. Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions, and I look forward to hearing from all of you!
1. Tell us who you are, where you're from, where you work and what you do.
2. How long have you been active in the CEP?
3. Does your local have a women's committee or a designated person to look at women's issues?
4. Do you have a particularly memorable "CEP moment"? (eg. courses, conferences, people who had an impact on your life or work, etc)
5. What would make involvement in your local easier?
6. Is there any one issue in which you have particular interest, and if so, why? (labour/women/child care/solidarity, etc)
7. Name one thing you would like to see the National Women's Committee accomplish during this term.
8. Do you have any advice or words of wisdom for our CEP sisters?